These delectable mussels make an ideal light bite to serve as an appetizer or as part of a tapas meal. The key to keeping mussels plump and tender is not to overcook them; watch them carefully and make sure you remove them from the heat the minute they open. Recipe serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer or tapas. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3263.
Refrigerate: 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 pound(s) mussels (about 24), scrubbed
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely diced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped parsley
- Place wine in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add mussels and cover the pot; cook, stirring once, until mussels open, about 3 minutes. Immediately remove from the heat and allow mussels to cool. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt and cayenne. Stir in red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion and parsley. Open mussels and place each mussel meat in half of a shell and arrange on a platter. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of vinaigrette into each shell. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note