Mussels with Smoked Sausage and Tomatoes
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
Using fresh pasta makes this dish super quick to prepare. Traditional dried pasta works equally well; just plan for a few extra minutes of cook time. For a spicy twist, try Andouille sausage and beer instead of smoked sausage and wine.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh linguine or fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces smoked sausage, diced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or chervil leaves
- French bread
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a 6-quart soup pot over medium heat; add sausage, and cook 4 minutes or until golden brown. Add shallot, and cook 2 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Add wine, and bring to a boil. Add mussels and tomatoes; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until mussels open. (Discard any that do not.) Stir in parsley.
- 4. Divide reserved pasta among serving bowls; top with mussels mixture. Serve with French bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This