My daughter made this for a family dinner and we all thought it was excellent. She doubled the amount of sauce and did not reduce it - just put lots of delicious broth over the mussels and it was wonderful for dipping bread. This is definitely a keeper!
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 244
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 24.4g
- Carbohydrate: 18.2g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 9mg
- Sodium: 1141mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons sliced cornichons
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 48 mussels (about 2 pounds), scrubbed and debearded
- To prepare mussels, combine first 9 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Bring wine and clam juice to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add mussels; cover and cook 2 minutes or until shells open. Remove mussels from pan with a slotted spoon; discard any unopened shells. Keep warm.
- Bring wine mixture to a boil over high heat; cook until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 15 minutes). Pour liquid over mussels. Add the cornichon mixture; toss.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This