Excellent., strongly flavored broth nicely finished with the lime & butter. Made to recipe & served in appetizer portions with ciabatta.
Mussels in Smoky Poblano-Cilantro Broth
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 15.2g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 5.2mg
- Sodium: 589mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 1 poblano chile
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 48 mussels (about 2 pounds), scrubbed and debearded
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Green Salad with Simple Vinaigrette
- Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Place chile on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 3 inches from heat for 8 minutes or until blackened and charred, turning after 6 minutes. Place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel, and discard skins. Chop chile.
- 3. Combine chopped chile, wine, shallots, 3 tablespoons cilantro, salt, and next 4 ingredients (through clam juice) in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes. Add mussels; cover and cook 3 minutes or until shells open. Remove mussels from pan with a slotted spoon. Discard unopened shells. Keep warm.
- 4. Bring wine mixture to a boil over high heat; cook until mixture is reduced to 1 cup. Stir in lime juice and butter. Pour liquid over mussels; toss gently. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note