- 2 pounds fresh mussels
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole Italian plum tomatoes, undrained
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh spinach
- Italian bread
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil
- Scrub mussels thoroughly with a scrub brush, removing beards. Discard any opened shells.
- Sauté garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, chopped basil, and next 2 ingredients; simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Add mussels and spinach; cook, covered, 5 minutes or until all mussels have opened. Remove from heat. Serve with Italian bread. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes