More From Food & Wine
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed
- 3/4 cup dry sherry
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Thai or other small red chile, minced
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Crusty bread, for serving
- In a deep skillet, combine the mussels, sherry and wine. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over moderate heat until the mussels open, 3 minutes. Remove the mussels from their shells. Strain the broth; reserve 1 cup.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the olive oil in it. Add the garlic and chile and cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Stir in the beans. Add the broth, season with salt and bring to a boil. Add the mussels and the parsley and heat through. Serve the stew with crusty bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This