- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed
- 3/4 cup dry sherry
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Thai or other small red chile, minced
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Crusty bread, for serving
How to Make It
In a deep skillet, combine the mussels, sherry and wine. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over moderate heat until the mussels open, 3 minutes. Remove the mussels from their shells. Strain the broth; reserve 1 cup.
Wipe out the skillet and heat the olive oil in it. Add the garlic and chile and cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Stir in the beans. Add the broth, season with salt and bring to a boil. Add the mussels and the parsley and heat through. Serve the stew with crusty bread.