Mushrooms Stuffed With Ham
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms (about 24 medium)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) diced cooked ham
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms, and dice. Set mushroom caps aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over low heat; add onion, and sauté until tender. Add diced mushroom stems, and sauté until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in chopped ham and next 4 ingredients.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in skillet over medium heat; add mushroom caps, and sauté until barely tender. Remove from pan.
- Stuff caps with ham mixture, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover and chill up to 12 hours, if desired.
- Broil 5 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 6 to 8 minutes or until filling is lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This