Excellent, very tasty. I added some bok choy and tamari instead of salt.
Mushrooms in Sherry Shallot Broth
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 195
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 4.5g
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 1176mg
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 to 12 thyme sprigs or several flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Lightly rinse and drain mushrooms. Discard shiitake stems. Slice mushrooms into bite-size pieces.
- 2. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Stir in shallots and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and thyme. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add sherry and broth; cook, stirring, until soup boils. Cover and simmer to blend flavors, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Divide soup among 4 serving bowls and top each with a few fresh thyme sprigs or parsley leaves.
- *If using shiitakes, discard stems.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews