This has a great, rich, creamy teaxture and flavor. Served with a salad and fruiy for dessert.
Mushroom and Yellow Pepper Lasagna
Smoky bacon and Marsala wine flavor a rustic, compact lasagna of shiitake, oyster, and button mushrooms layered between pasta and smothered with a creamy béchamel sauce. Make-ahead tip: Assemble the lasagna, cover tightly with foil, and freeze (uncooked) for up to a month. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 305
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 12.9g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 558mg
- Calcium: 239mg
- 2 bacon slices
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups sliced oyster mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt-free Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp provolone cheese
- Cooking spray
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pan. Crumble bacon; set aside. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and garlic to pan; sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Add Creole seasoning, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Uncover and simmer 4 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Cook until slightly thick (about 8 minutes), stirring constantly (do not boil). Remove from heat. Add provolone, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, stirring until cheese melts.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce; top with half of mushroom mixture and about 3/4 cup sauce. Repeat layers, ending with the noodles. Spread remaining sauce over noodles. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and bacon. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note