This has a great, rich, creamy teaxture and flavor. Served with a salad and fruiy for dessert.
Mushroom and Yellow Pepper Lasagna
Smoky bacon and Marsala wine flavor a rustic, compact lasagna of shiitake, oyster, and button mushrooms layered between pasta and smothered with a creamy béchamel sauce. Make-ahead tip: Assemble the lasagna, cover tightly with foil, and freeze (uncooked) for up to a month. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 305
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 12.9g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 558mg
- Calcium: 239mg
- 2 bacon slices
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups sliced oyster mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt-free Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp provolone cheese
- Cooking spray
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pan. Crumble bacon; set aside. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and garlic to pan; sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Add Creole seasoning, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Uncover and simmer 4 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Cook until slightly thick (about 8 minutes), stirring constantly (do not boil). Remove from heat. Add provolone, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, stirring until cheese melts.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce; top with half of mushroom mixture and about 3/4 cup sauce. Repeat layers, ending with the noodles. Spread remaining sauce over noodles. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and bacon. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This