I joined My Recipes just to comment on this recipe! It's fantastic. Its a great way to use up left overs after the Thanksgiving meal and... more importantly my family requests it after each turkey dinner! Well done and thank you for this recipe.
Mushroom and Turkey Casserole
This one-dish mushroom and turkey casserole needs only a green salad to make it complete. Day-old bread is best for breadcrumbs, but you can bake fresh bread cubes in a 350° oven until toasted.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 363
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 44.3g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 766mg
- Calcium: 268mg
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 ounce French bread or other firm white bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and divided
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup turkey gravy
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting fat and seasoning packet. Set aside.
- While rice cooks, place bread in a food processor; pulse 15 times or until fine crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Add 1 teaspoon butter to processor; pulse until combined. Add cheese to processor, and pulse until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of butter, onion, garlic, and mushrooms; sauté 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in turkey and next 7 ingredients (through pepper). Add cooked rice; stir.
- Spoon rice mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with cranberry sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This