- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 ounce French bread or other firm white bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and divided
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup turkey gravy
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- calories 363
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 10.8 g
- satfat 6 g
- monofat 2.3 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 23 g
- carbohydrate 44.3 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 62 mg
- iron 2.6 mg
- sodium 766 mg
- calcium 268 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°.
Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting fat and seasoning packet. Set aside.
While rice cooks, place bread in a food processor; pulse 15 times or until fine crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Add 1 teaspoon butter to processor; pulse until combined. Add cheese to processor, and pulse until combined.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of butter, onion, garlic, and mushrooms; sauté 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in turkey and next 7 ingredients (through pepper). Add cooked rice; stir.
Spoon rice mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with cranberry sauce.