- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 thin slices prosciutto di Parma
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or rosemary sprigs
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 pound arugula leaves, rinsed and dried (about 2 cups)
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated mushroom tortellini
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: shredded ricotta salata
How to Make It
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add prosciutto, and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté about 3 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 2 minutes. Add arugula, and sauté until just wilted.
Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and add to vegetables in skillet; toss gently to combine. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Crumble prosciutto, and sprinkle over pasta. Garnish, if desired.