Mushroom-Swiss Turkey Burgers and Tangy Potato Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) large red-onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil, plus more for grill
- 1/2 pound(s) button mushrooms, quartered
- course salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound(s) ground white-meat turkey
- 1/3 cup(s) roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ounce(s) Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 whole-wheat burger buns, lightly toasted
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut into 1 inch slices
- Baby argula, for serving
- 2 pound(s) small red potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 bunch(es) leeks (about 2 lbs) white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise, & sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- course salt and pepper
- 1. Finely chop enough onion to yield 1/3 cup (reserve remaining rounds for burgers). In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high; cook chopped onion and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and mushrooms are golden, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop mixture.
- 2. Heat a grill to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Season onion rounds with salt and pepper; grill until lightly charred and tender, about 5 minutes, flipping once. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms mixture, turkey and parsley. Form into four 1/2 inch thick patties; season with salt and pepper. Grill about 4 minutes, flipping once. Top each patty with cheese; grill until burgers are cooked through and cheese is just melted, about 1 minute. Serve burgers on buns with grilled onions, peppers and arugula.
- Potato salad:
- 1. In a large pot, bring potatoes to a boil over high heat in salted water. Reduce to a rapid simmer and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced, about 15 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Return water to a boil, add leeks and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer leeks to a blender. Add mustard, oil, vinegar and 1/3 cup water; puree until very smooth.
- 2. Add leek mixture to potatoes and toss; season with salt and pepper. Top with parsley and serve warm or at room temperatures. (To store, refrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 days).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mushroom-Swiss Turkey Burgers and Tangy Potato Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes