I'm giving this five stars because of its health potential and it's quite easy. Read on... Tonight I tried a healthier alternative that works amazing. Instead of sour cream, I used unsweetened plain greek yogurt. I used fat free. It is just as rich as sour cream and only about 100 calories of it in the whole recipe. Next time I'll try coconut flour instead of white flour, but I used white tonight. I also used unsweetened soy milk instead of regular milk. My husband didn't notice a thing different about our meal tonight, and neither can I! Tastes just as good or better. Love it. =D I also replace sherry with apple cider vinegar.
We used a blend of oyster, shiitake, and baby bella mushrooms in this superb vegetarian stroganoff. Browning the mushrooms over high heat ensures that they develop rich flavor.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 393
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 55.2g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Calcium: 162mg
- 3 1/2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 5 (4-ounce) packages fresh gourmet-blend mushrooms
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped chives (optional)
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. While noodles cook, heat a large Dutch oven over high heat; generously coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 10 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- 3. While mushroom mixture cooks, place flour in a bowl. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add sherry and next 3 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Transfer cooked mushroom mixture to a large bowl. Gradually add milk mixture to hot pan, stirring with a whisk. Cook, whisking constantly, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4. Stir sauce and cooked noodles into mushroom mixture. Stir in sour cream; sprinkle with chives, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Shortcut kitchen tip
- To chop chives quickly and safely, hold the chives in a bunch, and place them on a clean cutting board. With a sharp knife, chop the chives to the desired size. To prepare the chives ahead, chop them, and place in a zip-top plastic bag; store in the refrigerator until you need them.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note