- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup commercial sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Toast points
- Chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Remove mushroom stems; chop stems. Sauté mushroom caps, chopped stems, and onion in butter in a large skillet until vegetables are tender. Stir in salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Combine flour and milk, stirring well. Stir milk mixture into mushroom mixture; cook over medium heat until bubbly. Remove from heat; add sour cream and Worcestershire sauce, stirring well. Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated. Serve hot over toast points and garnish with parsley.