- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (9-ounce) red onion, sliced
- 1 pound portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (6-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 (24.5-ounce) jars lower-sodium pasta sauce
- Cooking spray
- 16 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 462
- fat 16.6 g
- satfat 6.9 g
- monofat 7.3 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 26.5 g
- carbohydrate 54.2 g
- fiber 7.1 g
- cholesterol 84 mg
- iron 6.2 mg
- sodium 568 mg
- calcium 524 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; sauté 6 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Transfer mushroom mixture to a bowl.
Return pan to heat; add half of spinach and 1/4 cup water. Cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, turning with tongs. Add cooked spinach to mushroom mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining half of spinach and remaining 1/4 cup water. Stir vegetable mixture until blended.
Combine eggs and next 3 ingredients (through pepper) in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in milk and ricotta cheese.
Pour 1 cup pasta sauce into bottom of a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles over sauce. Top with one-third of ricotta mixture, one-third of vegetable mixture, and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice with sauce, noodles, ricotta mixture, vegetable mixture, and mozzarella cheese. Spread 1 cup sauce over mozzarella. Arrange 4 noodles over sauce. Top with 1 cup sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
Cover with a sheet of foil coated with cooking spray, coated side down. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand 15 minutes.