Mushroom and Spinach Frittata with Goat Cheese
Try arugula in place of spinach, if you wish.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 168
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 12.4g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 412mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- 2 1/2 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups thinly sliced cremini or button mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups coarsely chopped spinach (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3/4 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine potatoes, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Press potatoes into the bottom and up sides of a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion to pan; sauté for 6 minutes or until tender. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, spinach, thyme, and garlic; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Cool slightly; stir in egg substitute and cheese.
- Pour mushroom mixture over potato mixture. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes; cut into 6 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch