- 2 1/2 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups thinly sliced cremini or button mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups coarsely chopped spinach (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3/4 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- calories 168
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 4.4 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 2.1 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 12.4 g
- carbohydrate 21 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 412 mg
- calcium 61 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine potatoes, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Press potatoes into the bottom and up sides of a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion to pan; sauté for 6 minutes or until tender. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, spinach, thyme, and garlic; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Cool slightly; stir in egg substitute and cheese.
Pour mushroom mixture over potato mixture. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes; cut into 6 wedges.