Wasn't horrible but won't make again
Community Recipe from
- 5 cup(s) Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 cup(s) half and half
- 1 tablespoon(s) sherry
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook mushrooms in the broth with onion and thyme until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- In blender or food processor, puree the mixture , leaving some chunks of vegetable in it. Set aside.
- In the saucepan, melt the butter, whisk in the flour until smooth. Add the salt, pepper, half and half and vegetable puree. Stirring constantly, bring soup to a boil and cook until thickened. Adjust seasonings to taste, and add sherry.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ConniePeters and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note