- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, stems removed and quartered
- 4 ounces chanterelle mushrooms, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 4 ounces oyster mushrooms, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- About 6 cups watercress with tough stems removed
- calories 326
- caloriesfromfat 77 %
- protein 11 g
- fat 28 g
- satfat 15 g
- carbohydrate 9.3 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- sodium 494 mg
- cholesterol 263 mg
How to Make It
Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Using a slotted spoon, gently submerge eggs into water. Simmer 5 minutes, then carefully immerse in cool water.
Heat 1 tbsp. butter with the oil in a 12-in. frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until browned, about 8 minutes, then season with salt.
Whisk together crème fraîche, mustard, and lemon juice and zest in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in remaining 2 tbsp. butter to make hollandaise sauce.
Divide watercress among plates. Top with warm mushrooms, then drizzle with hollandaise. Crack an end of each egg and peel a quarter of shell. Using a spoon, carefully loosen eggs from their shells and scoop onto salads. Add a few turns of pepper on top.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.