This is fantastic! Admittedly not one of best looking dishes around but the flavors are so good, a few simple ingredients equaled a rich earthy treat. I followed the recipe to the letter and wouldn't change a thing, above all a quality truffle oil probably put this salad over the edge.
Mushroom Salad with Truffle Oil and Parmigiano-Reggiano
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 51
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 3.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 195mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil or extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups thinly sliced large button mushrooms (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced celery (about 4 stalks)
- 1 ounce fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
- Combine oil, lemon rind, lemon juice, salt, and freshly ground pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine mushrooms and celery in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange 1 cup mushroom mixture on each of 6 plates; top each serving with about 2 teaspoons shaved cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mushroom Salad with Truffle Oil and Parmigiano-Reggiano Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers