This is fantastic! Admittedly not one of best looking dishes around but the flavors are so good, a few simple ingredients equaled a rich earthy treat. I followed the recipe to the letter and wouldn't change a thing, above all a quality truffle oil probably put this salad over the edge.
Mushroom Salad with Truffle Oil and Parmigiano-Reggiano
The success of this dish depends on slicing or shaving the mushrooms, celery, and cheese as thinly as possible so that each bite will provide some flavor from all the ingredients.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 51
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 3.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 195mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil or extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups thinly sliced large button mushrooms (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced celery (about 4 stalks)
- 1 ounce fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
- Combine oil, lemon rind, lemon juice, salt, and freshly ground pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine mushrooms and celery in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange 1 cup mushroom mixture on each of 6 plates; top each serving with about 2 teaspoons shaved cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mushroom Salad with Truffle Oil and Parmigiano-Reggiano Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This