Way too much bread and not enough flavor without doctoring up the entire recipe. As written would never make again.
Mushroom, Roasted Red Pepper, and Goat Cheese Bread Pudding
Tina Cornett; Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 273
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Carbohydrate: 31.9g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 766mg
- Calcium: 174mg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (about 6 ounces)
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 8 ounces (1-inch) cubed day-old sourdough bread (about 9 cups)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine parsley, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, leek, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; sauté 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are lightly browned. Add half of parsley mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in bell peppers. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, remaining parsley mixture, milk, egg substitute, and 3/4 cup cheese in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in mushroom mixture. Add bread; stir gently to combine. Let stand 10 minutes. Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until pudding is set and lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes