Community Recipe from
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth divided
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1 pound(s) portobello mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) white mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 shallots diced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon(s) chives finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/3 cup(s) parmesan cheese freshly grated
- In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
- Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SummerVB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes