Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth divided
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1 pound(s) portobello mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) white mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 shallots diced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon(s) chives finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/3 cup(s) parmesan cheese freshly grated
- In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
- Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SummerVB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note