- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound mushrooms (about 24 medium), halved or quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups bottled marinara sauce
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices polenta (from a 2-lb. tube)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- calories 296
- fat 8 g
- satfat 4 g
- protein 10 g
- carbohydrate 45 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 20 mg
- sodium 1455 mg
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Sauté until mushrooms start to give off liquid, about 5 minutes. Add marinara and cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed though, about 3 minutes. Keep warm.
Set a rack 3 inches from heat source and preheat broiler to high. Line a broiling pan with foil; lightly oil foil. Arrange polenta on broiling pan and broil until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and sprinkle with Parmesan. Broil until lightly browned and hot, 3 to 4 minutes longer.
Divide polenta among 4 plates. Top with mushroom ragout. Garnish with parsley.