Prep and Cook Time: 40 minutes. Notes: You can make the pâté up to 1 day ahead; cover and chill. Let come to room temperature to serve.
Yield: Makes about 2 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 72
- Calories from fat: 72%
- Protein: 1.7g
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 4.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 63mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 2 pounds crimini, oyster, or common mushrooms
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- chopped parsley
- toasted baguette slices
- 1. Rinse and trim discolored ends from 2 pounds crimini, oyster, or common mushrooms (or a mixture) and coarsely chop.
- 2. In a 6-quart pan over high heat, melt 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter. Add mushrooms, 1 cup chopped shallots, 4 peeled and minced cloves garlic, and 1 1/2 teaspoons each ground cumin and ground coriander. Cook, stirring often, until liquid has evaporated and mixture is lightly browned, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3. In a food processor, whirl mushroom mixture until smooth. Mix in salt and pepper to taste. Mound in a bowl. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- 4. Serve with toasted baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note