I made this using a whole grain pizza dough (purchased at Whole Foods). Used fig vinegar and asiago cheese. Baked on a pizza stone. Excellent!
This simple Mushroom-Prosciutto Pizza flavored with cremini mushrooms and Italian ham can be made in just about 20 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 273
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 15.3g
- Carbohydrate: 34.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 723mg
- Calcium: 254mg
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 (10-ounce) Italian cheese-flavored thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic and thyme; sauté 1 minute. Stir in vinegar; remove from heat.
- Place crust on the bottom rack of oven. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes.
- Place the crust on a baking sheet. Spread mushroom mixture evenly over crust; sprinkle evenly with prosciutto and fontina cheese. Bake at 450° for 6 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Tips: For a crisp crust, bake the pizza crust on the lowest rack for a few minutes before adding the toppings. Presliced button mushrooms can substitute for the creminis.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes