Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/2 cup(s) All purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 cup(s) Unsalted butter Chilled, cut into1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 cup(s) Sour cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Onions Chopped
- 8 cup(s) Mushrooms Coarsest chopped, mixed variety
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh thyme Chopped
- 1 package(s) Cream cheese 8 oz, cut into cubes, room temperature
- 1 Egg yolk Beaten with 1 tbsp milk, for glaze
- For crust: whisk first 3 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Add butter and cut in with back of a fork until coarse meal consistency. Add sour cream, stir until dough comes together. Dough will be soft. Shape dough into disc, divide into 2 pieces - one about 2/3 of dough and the other about 1/3 of dough. I usually chill for 15-30 minutes to make it easier to roll. Roll out larger piece on lightly floured surface to about 14" round. Transfer carefully to a 10" pie plate. Trim overhang to about 1". Roll out smaller piece to 12" round. Slide onto rimless cookie sheet and cut into 1" strips. Chill both parts of crust at least 30 minutes and up to one day.
- For filling: melt butter in large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté until soft and golden. Add mushrooms and thyme. Sauté until mushrooms are tender and release their juices.
- Recipe can be made to this point and refrigerated separately for one day. Reheat filling over medium heat prior to continuing.
- Add cream cheese to warm filling and stir until melted. Season filling to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spoon filling into crust in pie plate. Place Doug strips on top of filling in a lattice pattern. Fold strip ends and overhang together and crimp edges. Brush lattice with egg glaze. Bake at 400 until crust is golden and filling is heated through, probably about 45 minutes. Cool pie 30 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sharkins and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note