This is delicious! I did not use the sun dried tomatoes because I did not have any. I used an entire package of crimini mushrooms and a few shitakes I had on hand and cubed them into small pieces to match the size of the pasta I used which was orzo. I made my own pesto using the sicilian pesto recipe (also cooking light available on this site). This is a restaurant quality side item..yum!
Mushroom Pesto Pasta
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 194
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 20.9g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 231mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 6 1/2 ounces linguine, uncooked and broken in half
- 3 1/2 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup commercial pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup canned, drained roasted red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine tomatoes and water in a small bowl; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain tomatoes, and slice thinly; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms and shallots in hot olive oil until tender. Add tomato and pesto sauce; cook, uncovered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Add reserved pasta and pepper strips; stir well. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note