Mushroom, Pepper, Olive and Capers Pizza
Get your daily dose of veggies with this easy-to-make Mushroom, Pepper, Olive and Capers Pizza.
More From Allyou
Preheat: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 758mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 medium cremini or white mushrooms, trimmed and sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped (about 2 tsp.)
- 1/2 small bell pepper (any color), seeded, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 Pizza Dough or
- 1 Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 2 large pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1. Place oven rack on lowest shelf. If you have a stone, place it on rack. Preheat oven to 550°F, or your oven's highest temperature, for 45 minutes.
- 2. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and bell pepper and sauté until pepper slices are crisp-tender, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- 3. While vegetables are cooking, dust a 14-inch-wide pizza peel with cornmeal, then flatten dough on top. Using lightly floured fingers or a floured rolling pin, stretch dough into a 13- to 14-inch round. (Sprinkle peel with more cornmeal if necessary to make sure crust slides around easily on peel; otherwise it will stick when you try to transfer it to oven.) Brush remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over surface of crust.
- 4. Spoon sauce in a spiral over pizza, leaving a 1-inch border. Scatter vegetable mixture, olives and capers over pizza. Top with cheese.
- 5. Carefully slide pizza onto stone. Bake until crust is just slightly charred on top and golden on bottom (lift an edge to check) and cheese is melted and bubbling, about 8 minutes. Using peel, transfer pizza to a cutting board. Let pizza rest for a minute or 2, then slice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note