More From Southern Living
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and sauté 10 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Whisk in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, until lightly browned (about 1 minute). Gradually whisk in broth and next 2 ingredients. Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in mushrooms, and cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments