- 1/2 pound(s) broccoli florets
- 1 pound(s) portobello mushrooms cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 spanish onion sliced into rounds
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce(s) 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- sprinkling dried thyme
- sprinkling dried basil
- 4 ounce(s) sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fill a medium pot one-third full of water and place over high heat. When water comes to a boil, add broccoli, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick pan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and onion ins translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Build sandwich: Place a quarter of mushroom mixture onto each of 4 slices of bread. Then add 2 oz broccoli and sprinkle with thyme and basil. Finish each with 1 oz mozzarella and top slice of bread.
- Toast (or bake at 250F) sandwiches in a toaster oven for about 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown on the bottom. Sandwiches baked in a standard oven will cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mushroom Melts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches