This recipe is outstanding. Every year when I make it I am always asked for a copy of the recipe.
Mushroom Matzo Kugel
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 1/2 cups matzo farfel
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: celery leaves
- Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet until tender; remove from heat.
- Stir in matzo farfel and next 5 ingredients. Spoon into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables