Very good recipe. we loved it for a simple weeknight meal. I used only baby bellas because the mix is too expensive. Unlike other reviewers, I thought that it wasn't enough mushroom, so used more mushroom on each sandwich than it called for: about 2/3s of the mushrooms just for the two of us, but kept the cheese amounts what they were supposed to be. I served it with a salad and it was a great meal.
Mushroom and Manchego Panini
Sandwich night gets turned up a notch with super fast Mushroom and Manchego Panini. This flavor-packed grilled sandwich is made with fresh herbs, a mixture of exotic mushrooms, and shaved cheese--all sandwiched between sourdough bread.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 352
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 16.8g
- Carbohydrate: 48.8g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 741mg
- Calcium: 375mg
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (4-ounce) packages presliced exotic mushroom blend (such as shiitake, cremini, and oyster)
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 8 (1 1/2-ounce) slices sourdough bread
- 3 ounces shaved Manchego cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shallots and next 6 ingredients (through cremini mushrooms). Cook 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently. Add vinegar; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 2. Divide the mushroom mixture evenly among four bread slices. Top evenly with Manchego cheese and remaining bread slices.
- 3. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sandwiches to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten. Cook sandwiches 2 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and bread is toasted (leave skillet on sandwiches while they cook). Rub the top and bottom of each sandwich with cut side of garlic clove.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine