Mushroom and Leek Stuffing
This is a flavorful vegetarian version of the classic sausage-studded bread-based stuffing. If you like a moister stuffing, use the larger amount of broth.
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 165
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Protein: 6.8g
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 509mg
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise and sliced (light green and white parts only)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 pound day-old sourdough bread cubes
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups reduced-sodium mushroom broth
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook mushrooms, leeks, garlic, and celery until softened and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Put mixture into a large bowl; add bread.
- 2. Mix broth, eggs, salt, pepper, and parsley in a small bowl and pour over bread. Toss until bread is soaked, then turn into a greased 9- by 13-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake stuffing until it feels firm to the touch and is starting to brown on top, about 45 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note