- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise and sliced (light green and white parts only)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 pound day-old sourdough bread cubes
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups reduced-sodium mushroom broth
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- calories 165
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- protein 6.8 g
- fat 4.2 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- sodium 509 mg
- cholesterol 35 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook mushrooms, leeks, garlic, and celery until softened and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Put mixture into a large bowl; add bread.
Mix broth, eggs, salt, pepper, and parsley in a small bowl and pour over bread. Toss until bread is soaked, then turn into a greased 9- by 13-in. baking dish.
Bake stuffing until it feels firm to the touch and is starting to brown on top, about 45 minutes.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.