We really liked this pasta sauce! It was really fast to put together and it was especially nice that the sauce cooked while the spaghetti boiled. The fresh herbs really made the dish. We'll make this one again, for sure; next time I'll probably double the sauce so there is more for leftovers.
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 416
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 77g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 779mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and spoon into a serving bowl.
- 2. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes.
- 3. Serve pasta topped with sauce and oregano. Serve shaved parmesan on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes