Sage gives this gravey a more traditional Thanksgiving flavor, but to change it up, try some chopped rosemary, tarragon, thyme, or parsley. This is slightly thinner that some gavies because we found the consistency to be more pleasing to the palate. Add 1 tbl flour to the slurry for thicker gravy. You can substitute fat-free sodium chicken broth for the Roasted Chicken stock-but if you do decrease the salt to 1/8 tsp or add none at all.
Yield: 8 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) fresh sage chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 8 ounce(s) package presliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup(s) Maderia wine or dry sherry
- 3 cup(s) roasted chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add onion to pan; saute 1 min. Add sage,salt and mushrooms; saute 11 mins or until mushrooms are browned. Add wine; cook 30 secs or until liquid almost evaporates. Stir in Raosted Chicken Broth. Boil; cook until reduced to 2 cups (about 14 mins).
- 2. Combine flour and water in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Add flour mixture to panl return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2 mins or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in butter, 1 tbl at a time, stirring until butter melts. Stir in pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mushroom Gravey Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
More Recipes for Main Dishes