Loved how easy it was to make this!! I agree the balsamic vinegar was a little weird but it actually tasted good! I will also try it with soy sauce next time just to see the difference. I do believe the peanut oil made a difference too, glad I went to get that for this recipe! Now I can make it a million times!
Mushroom and Pine Nut Fried Brown Rice
Thinly slice the pepper and onion so they cook quickly.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 158mg
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add peanut oil; swirl. Add onion and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Add mushrooms and pine nuts; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add rice; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in balsamic vinegar and salt; cook 1 minute.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note