Notes: For quick-start meals, make several batches of this flavorful stock and freeze; thaw in a microwave oven.
Yield: Makes 4 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 67
- Calories from fat: 6.7%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 82mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 slices (quarter-size) fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1. Rinse mushrooms; trim and discard discolored stem ends, then thinly slice mushrooms. In a 4- to 6-quart pan, mix mushrooms with lemon juice, then add wine, ginger, and thyme. Cover and place over medium-high heat; stir occasionally until mushrooms are juicy, about 5 minutes. Uncover and stir occasionally over high heat until liquid is evaporated, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Add broth to pan. Cover and simmer to blend flavors, about 15 minutes. Measure mushrooms and liquid. If there's more than 4 cups, return to pan and boil, uncovered, until reduced to 4 cups; if there's less, add water.
- Nutritional analysis per cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments