- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound mushrooms, quartered
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 432
- fat 18 g
- satfat 5.9 g
- monofat 6.7 g
- polyfat 3.9 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 36 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 73 mg
- iron 5 mg
- sodium 596 mg
- calcium 94 mg
- sugars 6 g
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
How to Make It
Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add quinoa to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Add 1 1/4 cups stock; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add spinach; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until beginning to wilt. Remove spinach from pan.
Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in pan. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms; cook 8 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove mushroom mixture from pan.
Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes, browning on all sides. Add shallots, thyme, and garlic; sauté 1 1/2 minutes. Add wine and remaining 1/4 cup stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by two-thirds and becomes slightly syrupy. Remove from heat. Add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, mustard, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, stirring constantly until butter melts. Stir in mushrooms and spinach. Serve over quinoa.