Mushroom Chicken Marinara Sauce with Gemelli Pasta
Mushrooms sauteed in olive oil and garlic, combined with chicken and Five Minute Marinara Sauce create an absolutely wonderful lunch with no more than a few minutes spent in the kitchen. I used gemelli noodles, but angel hair would be great as well. The Five Minute Marinara Sauce can be made in advance and then just kept in a jar in the refrigerator until needed. Recipe by Mary Younkin, Barefeet in the Kitchen.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) pasta
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounce(s) mushrooms, sliced
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 cup(s) chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 quart(s) Five Minute Marinara Sauce
- Cook the pasta, drain and set aside. In a large skillet, over medium heat, warm the oil and then add the garlic. Saute for just a minute or so, until fragrant, but not browned. Add the sliced mushrooms and cover for just 3-4 minutes (this just speeds the cooking - feel free to leave them uncovered if that is simpler for you). Uncover, stir and saute until they are browned and tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Total cooking time for mushrooms was about 8-10 minutes.
- When the mushrooms are tender, add the cooked chicken and cover with a lid for a few minutes, just until warm. Toss gently, to avoid shredding the already cooked chicken. When the chicken is warm, add the marinara sauce. Stir gently to combine and then let it warm over medium heat for a few minutes, just until the sauce is hot.
- Warm the pasta in a strainer under hot running water for just a minute. Serve the pasta topped with the hot Mushroom Chicken Marinara Sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note