I was shocked that no one had rated this yet after almost 2 years, so here it goes. I tried this recipe cause it sounded amazing, and it definitely didn't disappoint. The burgers were moist and the mushroom mixture gave them incredible flavor. I followed the measurements for the arugula but added some extra truffle oil cause I really love the flavor. My husband raved about the burgers and says we have to make them again. I served them with oven roasted fingerlings with garlic and parmesan, and grilled asparagus. It was an elegant looking meal considering it is a burger, but definitely a gourmet burger. Will be making it again for sure!
Mushroom Burgers with Fried Egg and Truffle Oil
More From Cooking Light
Total: 29 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 429
- Fat: 17.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 37.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31.2g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 244mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 767mg
- Calcium: 185mg
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups finely chopped cremini mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cabernet sauvignon or other dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon light canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 (11/2-ounce) hamburger buns, toasted
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients (through garlic) to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned. Add wine; cook 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- 3. Combine mushroom mixture, salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and beef in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes or until grill marks appear. Carefully turn patties; grill 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Return pan to medium heat; coat with cooking spray. Crack eggs into pan; cook 4 minutes or until whites are set. Remove from heat.
- 5. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, arugula, cheese, and oil in a medium bowl; toss gently to coat. Combine chives and next 3 ingredients (through mustard) in a small bowl. Spread 2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each bun; top with 1 patty. Top each serving with 1 egg, 1/2 cup arugula mixture, and top half of bun. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burger).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This