I was shocked that no one had rated this yet after almost 2 years, so here it goes. I tried this recipe cause it sounded amazing, and it definitely didn't disappoint. The burgers were moist and the mushroom mixture gave them incredible flavor. I followed the measurements for the arugula but added some extra truffle oil cause I really love the flavor. My husband raved about the burgers and says we have to make them again. I served them with oven roasted fingerlings with garlic and parmesan, and grilled asparagus. It was an elegant looking meal considering it is a burger, but definitely a gourmet burger. Will be making it again for sure!
Mushroom Burgers with Fried Egg and Truffle Oil
Between the beef, egg, cheese, mushrooms, and truffle oil, this burger is an absolute umami bomb, exploding with meaty, savory flavor. Chopped, sautéed mushrooms in the burger mixture add low-fat moisture to the lean beef as it cooks.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 29 Minutes
- Calories: 429
- Fat: 17.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 37.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31.2g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 244mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 767mg
- Calcium: 185mg
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups finely chopped cremini mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cabernet sauvignon or other dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon light canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 (11/2-ounce) hamburger buns, toasted
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients (through garlic) to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned. Add wine; cook 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- 3. Combine mushroom mixture, salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and beef in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes or until grill marks appear. Carefully turn patties; grill 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Return pan to medium heat; coat with cooking spray. Crack eggs into pan; cook 4 minutes or until whites are set. Remove from heat.
- 5. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, arugula, cheese, and oil in a medium bowl; toss gently to coat. Combine chives and next 3 ingredients (through mustard) in a small bowl. Spread 2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each bun; top with 1 patty. Top each serving with 1 egg, 1/2 cup arugula mixture, and top half of bun. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burger).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches