Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Yield: 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 13.1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Sodium: 356mg
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 portobello mushroom caps
- 4 (1-ounce) slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut each bell pepper into 8 strips; cut onion into 8 slices.
- Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic bag; add bell pepper and onion. Cover or seal, and chill 30 minutes. Add mushroom caps; cover or seal, and chill, turning occasionally, 30 more minutes.
- Remove vegetables from marinade, reserving marinade; set mushroom caps aside.
- Grill remaining vegetables, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 10 minutes or until partially charred.
- Place 4 mushroom caps upside down, and top evenly with grilled vegetables and cheese slices; place remaining mushroom caps, right side up, over cheese.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) until cheese melts, turning once. Serve with reserved marinade.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This