Mushroom Bread Pudding with Vanilla Lobster Sauce
This is an intriguing meatless entrée with a velvety seafood sauce that whispers of vanilla.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 30 Minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 8 cups torn crusty white bread (not sandwich bread)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash of ground white pepper
- Vanilla Lobster Sauce
- Garnish: fresh tarragon
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, leeks, and celery; sauté 7 to 8 minutes or until tender. Combine sautéed vegetables and bread in a large bowl; toss well.
- Combine whipping cream and next 6 ingredients; pour over bread mixture, and toss well. Cover and let soak in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Vanilla Lobster Sauce.
- Pour bread pudding mixture into a buttered 11" x 7" baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Serve Vanilla Lobster Sauce over bread pudding. Garnish each serving, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note