Mushroom-blue cheese tenderloin
Recipe submitted by Eric Schoen, published in Taste of Home December 2009.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1-1/2 cup(s) Soy sauce
- 3/4 cup(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 Beef tenderloin (3-1/2 to 4 lbs)
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) Ground pepper Coarsely
- 1 can(s) Condensed beef broth, undiluted (10-1/2 oz)
- 1/2 cup(s) Butter Cubed
- 1/2 pound(s) Sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 1 cup(s) (4oz) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Caraway seeds
- 4 Green onions Chopped
- In a large resealable bag, combine soy sauce and worcestershire sauce. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Rub the beef with garlic and pepper; place in a shallow roasting pan. Add broth to the pan. bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees; medium, 160 degrees; well done, 170 degrees). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- For sauce;
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté until tender. Add the cheese, worcestershire sauce and Caraway seeds; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Stir in onions; heat through. Serve sauce with beef.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mushroom-blue cheese tenderloin Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes