- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium English cucumber, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) container cremini mushrooms, stemmed
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 8 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons unsalted ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices red onion
- calories 306
- fat 12.7 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 5.9 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 32 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 35 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 531 mg
- calcium 75 mg
- sugars 9 g
- Est. Added Sugars 3 g
How to Make It
To prepare pickles, combine vinegar, dill, salt, and cucumber in a large zip-top plastic bag or jar; seal. Turn bag until ingredients are well combined. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, turning bag or shaking jar occasionally.
To prepare burgers, place cremini and button mushrooms in the bowl of a food processor; pulse 4 to 5 times or until coarsely chopped. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to pan; cook 7 to 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat; cool mushroom mixture completely.
Place beef in a bowl. Add mushroom mixture to beef; stir just until combined. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Shape beef mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over bottom and top halves of buns. Place 4 pickle slices on bottom half of each bun (reserve remaining pickles for another use). Top evenly with patties, lettuce, tomato, onion, and top halves of buns.