Yield: Serves: 8 (serving size: 1 1/8 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 154mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large leek, white and pale green parts only
- 1 pound white mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups pearl barley, rinsed
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1. In a bowl, mix porcinis and 1 cup boiling water; let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Halve leek lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise. Wash and dry leek. Slice 4 white mushrooms. Trim and quarter remaining ones. Add leek, quartered mushrooms, barley, broth and thyme to a slow cooker.
- 3. Lift porcinis out of water. Rinse, rubbing to remove grit, and drain; add to slow cooker. Strain soaking liquid into slow cooker; stir. Cover and cook on high until barley is tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- 4. Remove and discard thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in half of parsley. Divide risotto among bowls. Scatter reserved mushrooms and remaining parsley on top. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This