Mushroom Barley and Roasted Aspargus Medley
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pearl barley rinsed
- 4 sprig(s) thyme plus 2 tbs minced leaves fresh
- 6 sprig(s) flat-leaf parsley
- 4 wheel(s) lemons zest large strips
- 20 ounce(s) button mushrooms 8 cups trim, thin sliced
- 2/3 cup(s) lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper fresh
- 2/3 cup(s) evoo plus more for asparagus
- 1 whole(s) shallot
- 4 bunch(es) asparagus, about 4 pounds woody stems trimmed
- 1, Cover barley with few inches of water and salt generously. Tie Thyme, parsley, bay
- leaf w/twine and add to pot with lemon zest. Simmer about 30 minutes, drain, remove herbs and zest.
- 2. Meanwhile toss mushroom with 4 tbs lemon juice an 1 tsp salt in large bowl. Make vinagrette; add shallot last.
- 3. Toss mushroom, barley and dressing together. Stir in the chopped herbs. Set aside for flavors to meld.
- 4.Preheat oven to 450*
- 5. Spread spears in single layer in shallow baking pan, drizzle with ooil, sprinkle with salt, roll to coat evenly. roast about 10 min giving pan a good shake half way through. spread asparagus on platter, son barley medley on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pdansby and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note