- 1/2 pound smoked bacon, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, preferably sweet, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (8 oz.) package white mushrooms, trimmed, cleaned and sliced
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, cleaned and sliced (2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyère
- calories 383
- fat 28 g
- satfat 10 g
- protein 26 g
- carbohydrate 8 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 412 mg
- sodium 249 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large, ovenproof, nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until just crisp, about 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels in order to drain, leaving fat in skillet. In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; set aside.
In rendered bacon fat, cook onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in reserved bacon and thyme. Add egg mixture and stir gently and evenly to distribute filling. Cook for 1 minute on top of stove.
Top eggs with cheese, then bake frittata in oven until just set in center, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.